Things with Us– are good!
- I finished my job on Thursday evening. They’re on holiday, then I’m going on holiday, then I’m going to university. I don’t feel anything much yet, since they’ve been on holiday before- I wouldn’t be looking after them anyway. It’s when I know they’re back, at home- then I might feel funny!
- Boyfriend’s job applications are good- but we have to wait almost a month more until we find out anymore. In the mean time- it’s hard to know how to move forward, in conjunction with his parents, with our Canadian plans. But still dreaming about it!
- He spent the weekend with his friend in Wales. That guy’s nickname is The Axe Murderer. ! He survived.
- My sister is experiencing a major loss. I feel so much for her, but I don’t know how to put that into words. My relationship with each family member is tricky in their own ways. I wish I could help her, and know what to say. I wish her peace, and contentment.
- We subscribed to LoveFilm Instant- and I’ve discovered the wonder that is Vikings (watched the first season in a day) and Nip/Tuck (onto series 2). We’ve also watched a few films together- including last night The Adjustment Bureau. Definitely recommend.
- We bought a desk! A vintage, lift up, double school desk. I bought it on Friday, and saw it in the flesh/wood yesterday afternoon, as boyfriend kindly collected it on his way home from Wales. So exciting! Not enjoying spending money now that I’m not earning though. Eek.
- Last weekend boyfriend and his dad fixed his grandma’s garage roof. It took a long time, and was very tiring. The roof was extremely well built, but parts had worn down over time. It was so kind of them to help her, as it was making her nervous, and I’m very proud.
Humans of New York some great photographs, and interesting comments from the subjects underneath.
Family resemblance – some more lovely photographs showing the similarities between siblings or parents and their children. Cover one half to see the differences but when put together you can see only the shared features!
‘Real’ Barbie created supposedly with the measurements of an average young american woman. I just stared at it for so long. Imagine if all toys were as real as this! Or mannequins in shops. Or models, for that matter.