Things I’ve Learnt This Year Number 1
- no task is too hard for you
- how many cheques are needed in running a household
- the organisation that children require
- on that note, buy in bulk. pritt sticks, soap, drugs.
- summer holiday logistics are a nightmare. stay at home.
- never lose the slips for watch repairs. you will get the tattooed man who hates your guts, and makes you come back tomorrow.
- always ask, people will help you.
- how my area is a source of potential funding, the web is great. use.
- you can speak to anyone, call anyone. even times journalists
- printer ink is expensive. and don’t buy the wrong one, if you’re buying 5. oops.
- you need files. so many files. a file for everything. don’t underestimate.
- if you are self employed, keep every single receipt. oh and file them.
- you will need a shredder. shredding scissors will do for now.
- photos of your newborns- each baby feels special not just the first one. none of this ‘you did all look very similar’.
- memory boxes or books. but don’t go overboard. if your children write you notes saying ‘please don’t put this in my book’ then don’t.
- shoes are a nightmare too. even if mini plimsoles do look cute.
- delegate as much as possible, husband, kids, anyone.
- back up your blackberry, often
- hire someone on their gap year to do this crap for you, when you’re rich enough.